Who we are
The Psychometrics Centre is a centre of excellence within the University of Cambridge dedicated to research, teaching and product development in both pure and applied psychological assessment in the online environment. Active in Cambridge since 2005, it has seen significant growth in the past five years as a consequence of the explosion of activity in on-line communication and social networks.
- Our Mission: To establish the University of Cambridge as an international centre of excellence in all forms of psychometric and educational assessment.
- Our People: Psychologists, statisticians, mathematicians, computer scientists and linguists at the University of Cambridge
- Our History: Founded in 1989 in London and relocated to Cambridge in 2005. Now based in the Cambridge Judge Business School.
What we do:
- Research on cutting edge developments in the theory and practice of psychological assessment, with emphasis on the online environment.
- Training that ranges from advanced statistical modelling methods, to courses qualifying HR and other professionals in test use.
- Collaboration: To ensure that the results of our research reach those in government, business and industry who are able to use it.
- Open-source Software Development to provide both academia and R&D departments with cutting-edge tools tailored for the on-line environment.