Orpheus is a big-five measure of personality developed specifically for use in the workplace. As well as the big five measures of Fellowship (Extraversion), Authority (reverse Agreeableness), Conformity (reverse Openness), Emotion (Neuroticism) and Detail (Conscientiousness) it contains an Unlikely Responses Scale (Lie, Social Desirability, or Impression Management) and seven integrity scales assessing the integrity traits of Proficiency, Work Orientation, Patience, Fair-mindedness, Loyalty and Initiative.
- Based on the 'Big Five' model of personality within a work context - Fellowship, Authority, Conformity,Emotion, Detail.
- Seven additional integrity scales - Proficiency, Work-orientation, Patience, Fair-mindedness, Loyalty, Disclosure, Initiative.
- Developed in collaboration with several UK blue chip companies.
- Monitors for response biases - dishonesty, social desirability, acquiescence, contradiction.
- The English language version is published by Talent lens, the occupational testing division of Pearson Assessment. For versions in other languages contact us.
- Standardized in the UK on a representative sample of employees from a broad range of organisations, occupations, educational levels and ethnic groups.
- Its 190 items are quick to administer and score in either paper and pencil form, by computer or over the internet.
- Incorporates state-of-the-art psychometric procedures in scoring.
Rust, J. (1998) The validation of the Orpheus minor scales in a working population. Social Behaviour and Personality, 26(4), 399-406.
Rust, J. (1999) The discriminant validity of the 'big five' personality traits in employment settings.Social Behaviour and Personality, 27(1), 99-108
Training in Orpheus use
The Centre provides a five-day course leading to the British Psychological Society's Certificates of Test Use (formerly the Certificates of Competence in Occupational Testing (Intermediate Level B). The last three days of the course is available for those who already have foundation training in another instrument. Click here for details.